I did not review the products in this opportunity, but I have tried and love both brands
September is #BabySafetyMonth , sponsored annually by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA). This month-long event increases consumer awareness of baby safety issues and the safe selection and use of baby products. In observance of #BabySafetyMonth MAM shares some recommendations to provide infants with a safe sleep environment and to help you and your baby rest easier at night. Visit MAM’s Facebook page @MAMbabyUSA for details. In recognition of this special month MAM and ergoPouch have a special prize package for a winner.
ergoCocoon Swaddle to Sleep Bag
The ergoCocoon ‘no origami’ baby swaddle to sleep bags are designed to be both easy to use and difficult to escape from. The simple zip up design will keep baby snug and securely swaddled without the need for complicated wrapping. The ergoCocoon is made from skin-friendly, organic cotton outer layer and breathable organic cotton filling, never synthetic. The entire range has also been acknowledged as ‘hip-healthy’ by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute for our ergonomically designed bell shaped bottom, which provides extra leg room for healthy hips. For those bubs that like a little more freedom or are ready to transition out of a swaddle, the ergoCocoon has patented snaps in the armholes that can be used to convert from a swaddle to a sleeping bag. Tog rated for warmth, there is an ergoPouch swaddle to suit every season. New season prints available now! From RRP$24.95
Safe sleep ranks at the top of every parent’s list of worries with SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) the leading cause of death in infants between 1 month and 1 year of age. Each year, about 4,000 infants die unexpectedly during sleep time, from SIDS, accidental suffocation, or unknown causes. By providing infants with a safe sleep environment it is possible to help reduce the risk of SIDS.
As parents, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our babies. In observance of #BabySafetyMonth @MAMbabyUSA shares some recommendations to provide infants with a safe sleep environment and to help you and your baby rest easier at night:
- Always place baby to sleep on their backs. Because babies sleeping on their sides are more likely to accidentally roll onto their stomach, the side position is just as dangerous as the stomach position.
- Consider pacifier usage when placing baby down for sleep and remember that the pacifier may not be reinserted once the infant falls asleep. Pacifier use is shown to reduce the risk of SIDS. MAM supports the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) published guidelines for pacifier usage. In addition, MAM recommends before placing a pacifier in baby’s mouth, check to see if there is any damage for signs of weakness. Pull the pacifier nipple in all directions and throw away the pacifier at the first sign of damage or weakness. Pay extra attention to your child’s pacifier as teeth emerge, which can occur as early as 1 month. Replace pacifiers frequently – every 1 to 2 months. See more at www.mambaby.com.
- Avoid letting baby get too hot. The baby could be too hot if you notice sweating, damp hair, flushed cheeks, heat rash, and rapid breathing. One of the best ways to ensure your baby can regulate their body temperature while they’re asleep is to dress them in natural fibers, like cotton, bamboo and merino. ergoPouch swaddles, wearable sleep bags and suits are a great choice when it comes to correctly dressing your baby for sleep as the entire range is made from natural fibers with tog (warmth) ratings to suit every temperature and season. If you choose the correct, tog-rated swaddle or wearable sleep bag/suit, your baby won’t require blankets which can place them at risk of SIDS. Set the room temperature in a range too that is comfortable for a lightly clothed adult.
- Make certain baby is sleeping safely in a crib that meets the latest U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standards. Ensure that nothing in your nursery including the paint and furnishings contains harmful chemicals or toxins. Micuna offers a collection of safe and stylish cribs made of sustainable materials like solid Beech Wood from sustainable forests. Place the crib away from windows, where direct sunlight and drafts can make your baby uncomfortable. Keep baby’s crib or bassinet away from blinds or drapery, which are strangulation hazards.
- Place baby on a firm mattress, covered by a fitted sheet that meets current safety standards.
One of the most important purchases for your nursery is the crib mattress, as a newborn can sleep up to 16 hours per day! Look for a breathable crib mattress designed for baby’s health, safety and comfort such as the Newton Baby Wovenaire Crib Mattress which is Greenguard Gold Certified.
- Remove all soft objects from the crib, including bumper pads, blanket, pillows, & stuffed toys.
About MAM – standard setting baby products
MAM combines technological innovation, medical function and contemporary design to develop superior baby care products that support a baby’s development from day one. Since MAM developed its first pacifier in Vienna in 1976, it has evolved to become a global authority on baby care product design and quality. Today MAM products are used by families in over 60 countries and on five continents. To find out more and view MAM’s baby care range of award-winning pacifiers, bottles, cups, teethers, oral care items, coordinating accessories and gift sets visit www.mambaby.com.
MAM and ergoPouch has teamed up with Born 2 Impress to offer one Lucky Born 2 Impress reader, the chance to win $30 gift package of assorted MAM products including pacifiers and Anti-Colic bottles and an ergoPouch – ergoCocoon Swaddle to Sleep Bag.
To enter this giveaway, please use the Giveaway Tools form below:
Please use the Giveaway Tools form for ALL entries. Except for the initial comment. Please leave comments containing 3 – 4 sentences in order to qualify- Comments like I like this or I want to win will not count! Contest open to the US residents with a valid street address. No PO Boxes please. This contest is void where prohibited. Winner(s) are selected randomly through the use Giveaway Tools unless otherwise noted and will be announce on the contest closing date. To claim your prize(s), you must contact Born 2 Impress within 48 hours of the contest closing Prize(s) not claimed by (48 hours) will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
Please provide a valid email address to be informed in case you do win a giveaway. Please note ALL entries are checked for accuracy and will be validated. Clicking on “enter” ensures that your task has been completed. If your task has not been completed, your entry will not be counted and will be considered invalid. If you are chosen as the winner of this contest and you have not completed the task(s) that you claim to complete, a new winner will be randomly chosen. So please be sure that you have completed a task before clicking “enter”thank you for your co-operation.
The product(s) provided for the review were sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. I did not received compensation for this review. The product(s) offered for the giveaway are free of charge, no purchase necessary. My opinions are my own and not by any means influenced by any other part. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.