Everybody loves birthdays. Right? The cake, the gifts, the party, the card, the laughter, the joy. Even those who have anxieties about getting older, and being reminded of the fact, usually find some way to enjoy their birthday. After all, if you are showered with presents and love, you might be able to get over the fact that you’re another year older. Although the birthday person feels special and happy on their birthday, those closest to them might find the day tricky, for one simple reason: gift anxiety. If you aren’t a naturally good gift-giver, buying for someone you love can turn into a highly stressful experience that you’d rather avoid altogether. Well, you’ve come to the right place! Read on to find five perfect gifts that truly say ‘I love you!’
- Birthday Flowers
Flowers are the perfect addition to any birthday. Why? You can personalize them to suit the preferences of your loved one, and freshen up their place for the special birthday celebration. Happy birthday flowers can come in all shapes and sizes and can be sent by order to a person’s house. This is perfect for COVID-19 birthdays in which the person may not be able to have the big celebration they would like – so receiving flowers at their door on their birthday is an amazing way to say ‘I love you!’ and make them feel super special.
If you are buying for a special someone who means a lot to you, why not pull out all the stops and get something amazing for their birthday – jewelry. No matter if you are buying for a guy or a girl, jewelry is versatile and simple, while showing someone that they are truly special to you. Rings and necklaces can be purchased in any style for men or women, allowing them to show off their signature style with a special piece that they can keep forever. There is truly no better way to show you care.
If you are worried about jewelry being too impersonal, why not engrave the jewelry with their name or a small phrase such as ‘I love you’? This goes the extra mile and makes the person you love feel a million dollars on their special day. Plus, this token of love is memorable and moving, and is bound to provoke a strong, affectionate reaction in your loved one. If you aren’t quite sure the kind of thing they might like, try working with their friends, partner, or family to pick the perfect jewelry for them.
- An Unforgettable Experience
One way to guarantee satisfaction on your birthday gift is by giving an experience. Instead of gifting an object which might not be used or fit into the person’s home or outfits, you could buy them an experience that you can share together. Here are some ideas for awesome birthday gift experiences!
- A weekend away. Booking a weekend trip away is a super fun, exciting gift which the person can look forward to. Perhaps it’ll be to their favorite city, a place they’ve always wanted to go, or a total surprise. Whatever you choose, they are bound to love it.
- An exhilarating experience. If you know this person well and admire their daredevil spirit, why not book an exhilarating, once-in-a-lifetime experience for you both? This could be skydiving, horseback trail riding up a mountain, scuba diving, bungee jumping, or shark cage diving. This requires a certain type of personality to really enjoy these things and not be frightened away, but if your loved one is an adrenaline seeker, why not?
- A relaxing spa day. Spa days never go amiss. Period. No matter who you are buying for, being treated to a relaxation, massage, skincare, jacuzzi and all those delicious spa moments for free will never be badly received.
- Something For Their Hobby
If the one you love has a hobby that you share together, or even if it’s something they do without you, one way to say ‘I love you’ is by giving them something which can further their passion. Whether they play a sport, love crafting, are passionate about animals, or adore gaming, you can show you care by helping them achieve their goals in whatever hobby they love. Helping a person go further in something they enjoy doing truly shows that you care about them as a person because you want them to succeed at their passions. Understanding that they care about something deeply and providing them with a gift that will help them dive even deeper into that care is an amazing way to prove how much you love someone.
- Something Homemade
The coronavirus pandemic has forced most of us to tighten our purse strings a little. If you are worrying that you can’t afford an amazing gift for the person you love, try making them something. This might sound like a recipe for disaster, but in actual fact, there are simple ways to make beautiful gifts that truly say ‘I love you.’ Even if you can’t spend a lot of money on a person, spending your precious free time and energy building or making something for them is an act of amazing kindness which they will appreciate hugely. Here are a few ideas for gorgeous homemade birthday presents.
- A homemade lavender sachet with a sweet design. This requires some beautiful, breathable fabric, some dried lavender, and a little bit of time. You can find tutorials for this on YouTube – so dig in!
- Drawing or painting them something. If you have a creative flair, try drawing or painting something special for your loved one.
- A photo album. Physical photos might not be in style anymore, but they are amazing memorabilia to have. If you are short on cash, try printing some of your favorite photographs of you two together and making a pretty album.
It’s sometimes hard to say ‘I love you’ in a gift, but when you get it right, it can truly make somebody’s day. Use this guide to find the perfect gift for the one you love.
If you and your other half have been together for quite some time and you are sure she is the one then what better present than an engagement ring? Once you know, you know is a common saying for people who have fallen in love and are wanting to progress to the next level in their relationship. Whisk her off to a luxury location or even your favorite place to be and pop the question. Make sure you take a trip to a diamond store before the big event to shop around for the best ring you think she will adore.