If you’ve got an HVAC system in your home and are experiencing respiratory concerns like asthma, you may want to look at improving the air quality by replacing or cleaning your system. The Ambient Edge air conditioning & heating repair company is one of many businesses that can help to replace or clean out your air conditioning systems. It’s also important to get into the maintenance mindset and clean it out and replace the filters at least every six months.
If you have a stuffy nose, cough, and feel like you have a cold every time you are at home, mold might be the root cause. Mold spores grow where there is moisture, so you need to keep an eye out for any leaks in the plumbing, roof, or gaps in the windows. Ensuring you enlist the help of a plumber or a specialist to seal those windows will make a big difference, but you should also get into the mindset of cleaning your property properly. You can use a dehumidifier to reduce your humidity levels, which should be under 50% for you to feel the benefit, and clean up mold with soap and water.
If there are asthmatics in the home, you may want to think twice about the carpet. Carpets can trap mold, dust mites, and other irritants which can get thrown up into the air. If you cannot get rid of your carpet, you should opt for a high-quality vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. When it comes to the overall aesthetics of our home, our carpets can add that homely quality, but if we have irritated chests during peak allergy season, think about either replacing them or making some alterations.
The silent killer, carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms can include blurry vision, headache, and feeling dizzy. If you ever feel like this you need to get out of the house for fresh air right away and call 911. Carbon monoxide detectors are a simple investment that will ensure that you know instantly if your home is housing carbon monoxide.
if your home was built prior to 1978, you may have lead paint on the outside or inside. If the paint is in good shape, it might not be an issue, but it’s when the paint starts to wear away that it forms dust and can damage your organs and brain if absorbed. Getting a professional to test it will ensure you are doing the best for yourself and your family.
We don’t want to think that our home is making us sick, but there are so many potential irritants and dangers in the home. Look at if some of these are present in your property so you can ensure you and your loved ones are living safely.