Get ready to fiesta because this Friday is National Guacamole Day! In honor of this festive occasion, I wanted to share George Duran’s signature recipe for Crunchy Herbed Guacamole. Spicy chipotle sauce and radishes take this guac over the edge!
Leading Hispanic cookware brand IMUSA offers tools that make cooking authentic Mexican cuisine easy and fun. The IMUSA Granite Molcajete is large enough to grind up a party-size batch of guacamole, then mix and serve it in the same bowl. So invite your friends, break out the tortilla chips, and enjoy!
Crunchy Herbed Guacamole
Recipe by George Duran for IMUSA
- 2 ripened avocados
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- juice of ½ lime
- Bottled Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 3 small red radishes
- kosher salt or table salt, to taste
- Scoop avocado flesh inside your IMUSA Molcajete and add the cilantro, chopped chives, lime juice, and chipotle sauce.
- Gently mash with the pestle until the desired consistency is reached
- Fold in diced radishes and season with salt to taste